Subtropical Dairy is run by a skills-based Board of Directors. The nine-member board comprises:
- A dairy farmer majority, including the Chairman of the Board
- Three to four directors with supporting industry and business skills sets
The Chairman of the Board is selected from the board's dairy farmer members, who must also be members of Dairy Australia. The remaining board appointments are made based on the operational and strategic position of Subtropical Dairy at the time of the appointments.
The board meets 11 times per year (including five face to face meetings and six teleconferences) and is supported by a full time Executive Officer.
Review the board's current Annual Report.
Board appointment process
Board appointments are for a three-year term. Board members can renominate for a further three years at the end of their first term, with voting held at the Annual General Meeting (AGM).
The board appointment process is overseen by an industry-led selection panel, which is authorised by Subtropical Dairy to interview and select nominated candidates for board vacancies. Members of the industry selection panel include:
- The Subtropical Dairy Chair or Vice Chair
- A Queensland Dairyfarmers Organisation representative
- New South Wales Farmers representative
- Queensland Department of Agriculture and representative
- Two nominated representatives from Subtropical Dairy's regional teams
Subtropical Dairy Board Members
Paul Roderick, Farmer Director, Chairman
Luke Stock, Farmer Director, Vice-Chairman
Paul Weir, Farmer Director
Audit Committee member
Lismore, New South Wales
Katrina Sinclair, Independent Director
NRM Committee member
Ian Hollindale, Independent Director
Chair of Finance & Audit Committee
Gold Coast, Queensland
Jo Davey, Independent Director
Bill Tranter, Independent Director
Matt Trace, Farmer Director
Moy Pocket, Queensland
Joe Bradley, Farmer Director