Dairy Australia Strategy
Dairy Australia’s Strategic Plan is for the three-year planning period 2016–17 to 2018–19. The Strategic Plan is still current, as it was extended for 2019–20 in order to align with the industry strategy being created under the Australian Dairy Plan.
- Dairy Australia remains committed to the Australian Dairy Industry Council vision, Australian Dairy – prosperous, trusted, world-renowned nutrition, by driving industry services and innovation for the ultimate benefit of levy payers.
- Agriculture has become a focus for local and international investment. The big industry challenge is to profitably grow farm production to fully take advantage of regional potential over the next decade.
- This plan builds on the key programs of work and directional change of the last three-year plan. It has been constructed in consultation with farmers and representative bodies and provides a focus of effort and expenditure on the matters the industry sees as important.
- The plan retains its focus on building the foundations to support resilience and growth.
- Dairy Australia's core priorities are clear and concise: making farm businesses more profitable and competitive; growing people, skills and capability; and protecting and promoting the industry.